Adventures in Living

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

gone political again

So one reason that I haven't been posting much recently is that the internet actually WORKS here. I can click on links, and they pages load before I have to go eat dinner. Also, it's free. Another result of me being able to read articles is finding this one:
Fear Destroys What Bin Laden Could Not

I am sure some of you won't agree with everything he has to say, but I was weeping because I think he is too right. Part of the reason I wanted to leave, to be in another place. But even here, everyone who knows anything about the US government thinks our regent is a bad person, because he "likes fighting". One of the things I tell people when they say that America is so great is that we have lots of problems too. They always ask what they are, and I usually start off with the war. Except in Mandinka there is no word for war, just fighting. Which is actually kind of beautiful, for a language to lack the concept for organized mass killing. So, I am still a flaming liberal over here, even though I try not to talk politics, and I obviously love my country very much.

We just have to figure out a way to get better people to be leading it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home