Adventures in Living

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Holy Biscotti

So I just looked at this site, and considered the excuse that I was going to post*, and then realized that I've become such a stereotypical "blogger". And I'm sheepish about that. Just realized and became sheepish, that's all I'm saying.

Things here are tearing along, and I have a long post in the making, but not complete. It will be soon, and then here it will appear. Until then, you get the news that I bought a box-load of supplies to send with the mail truck that leaves in the morning. Mostly food for surviving the upcoming Ramadan. I'm planning to fast some, but probably not the whole time, and I want to always have food available so I can snack at night and whenever if the urge strikes.

Also, how freaking cool is this? That's one of the things I miss most about the world (apart from my people) - reading about all sorts of cool ideas and happenings. Here I just have to read books and ponder life in its own pace, without the overstimulation of the internet.

* - the national telecom monopoly has been having massive problems and was preventing any sane person from connecting to email. PC volunteers could still sort of get it, but only by waiting an ungodly amount of time and performing small ritual blood sacrifices. And stuff. The rest of the internet was basically unavailable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home