Adventures in Living

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Another Sunday

Another Sunday, with my computer going, power on in Fara Fenni, waiting for the fasting to be over for the day. A friend came up from Pakalinding, where Woman lives, today to work on his computer - he had the same virus that had me unhappy a few weeks ago. Still has, in fact, as it was unable to be dislodged by the anti-virus program, and has infected my flash drive again in the process of installation. Fun in west african computing.
  The fasting has gotten more difficult as the weather has turned back to hot hot. We're definitely into the October heat by now, and I'm happy in a way that it's finally here so that I can stop worrying about it and just get through it. But, it intensifies the no-water aspect of fasting, and I've spent the last couple of days pretty inactively, especially in the afternoons.
  Fast breaking is in twenty minutes or so, a fact that sharpens my inability to concentrate on much besides thoughts of food and drink. Can an inability be sharpened? Or could it before, because it certainly can be now. Ramadan sharpens my inabilities.
  But, all in all, I have little about which to complain. My fan has been working through most of the day, I have been listening to a lot of music, and soon I'll be in the heaven of eating and drinking as much as I can until I go to sleep. I keep waiting for "the other shoe to drop" - it's the wrong metaphor, as a first shoe hasn't dropped to my knowledge - and the electricity to start to slip, have problems, or something. It's almost too nice to have as much power as I do right now. Not that I'm complaining. Am I?
  Really, things are great these days. I have mice again, but other than that, my house is doing pretty well. My health, aside from the fasting, is good. It looks like work is going to come together a lot more easily this year, as though people are leaning forward with the computer programs, and maybe I'll have more luck with making forward progress. I'm a happy man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home