Adventures in Living

Friday, October 13, 2006

update with no energy

Today is the third Friday of Ramadan. Friday is a big prayer day at any time of year, and especially so right now. Next Friday will be the last one, there will be a big party here in town, with drinking and everything, as we are such good muslims. After that, I will start searching the skies for the new moon, for with it comes the prayers of Koriteh, eating during the daytime, hydration, sleep at night, and all sorts of fun things that I used to think of as normal.
I've just finished buying my tickets to fly home for the holidays. A trial of a process, intensified by being here in just about every way that it could be, but I'm happy to have it done and managed to do go from here to NYC for about $1700, which was well within my price range. It will take me about three and a half days of travelling - including an overnight in Paris - but that too should be fun. Airplanes!
My parents are home from their latest adventure (to the UK, walking Hadrien's Wall, and more?) and are now getting ready to come here. It almost seems unbelievable, that they will be here, and then that I will go home. This reality has become too real, and that one too far away, for the other to make sense. And so many volunteers have said after they return that this reality slips away, into dream-like memories. And it's all just one planet!
I'm wiped out from too much staring at the computer monitor - something for which I once had a nearly infinite capacity - and the fasting melts my brain around this time of day (3:30ish). I posted something I wrote the other night, perhaps between the two there are a pair of good sentences to enjoy.
Cheers.

1 Comments:

  • dude - call me when you hit CONUS 808 778 9763
    -MAC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home