Adventures in Living

Monday, February 12, 2007

In Kombo, doing business

I'm in Kombo for the day, got up before five this morning so that I could be at Barra for seven AM first ferry - missed it as the crowd was huge waiting and pushing and being generally very bad at queueing. I commended Sarah on the English being the world's best queuers, which she accepted gracefully. I've never even been to England. Why couldn't they teach the Gambians to queue better, she wondered? If there was anything they should have taken from their former colonial oppressors, it was skill at efficiently lining up and moving through choke points. But, alas.

I put up a post that I wrote last week, so there's that to read. Life is good, busy with work and doing projects - I now have a reading light over my bed and soon hope to have an outdoor light to go with it. Such fun in paradise!

Off to Dakar again on Friday, for the West African Invitation Softball Tournament and one more tour around the Paris of Africa. Should be fun, hope to get online again from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home